Destinations in Indonesia
The Serenity of Ubud and Bedugul
Bali2Amed Beach, East Bali.
Bali3Boat at Amet Beach, East Bali.
Bali4Ngaben Ceremony at Bali.
Bali5A beautiful view at Batur's Lake, Kintamani, Bali.
Bali6Shopping mall at Bali.
Bali7Tourist, from the cruise ship at Bali.
Golf BaliGolf field at Bali.
Ngaben CeremonyPart of Ngaben Ceremony, Bali.
Pupuan Rice Field at Bali
ParasailingParasailing, a kind of extreme sport interest at Bali.
Ulundanu TempleUlundanu Temple, on lake. Bali.
Balinese DancerBalinese Dancer.
Rhapsody Cruise Ship
An Afternoon at Kuta's BeachThe most famous beach in the world. Kuta.
Sunset at Tanah LotSunset at Tanah Lot.
Balinese Dancera Couple of Balinese Dancer.
Barong's DanceBarong's dance of Bali.
UbudUbud's field rice.
Yoga In Bali
Kuta Bali 1
Kuta Bali 2
Kuta Bali 3
Soccer in Kuta Beach
Surf at KutaSurf at Kuta Beach, Bali.
Marketplace in Bali
Marketplace in Bali2
One of the most popular routes to take from the hotels which are mostly located in the south of Bali is the one from Denpasar northward to Ubud. This road leads on to Tampaksiring, and further up to the highest point of the road at Kintamani before it descends north to reach Bali’s most northern town of Singaraja with its harbor of Buleleng and lovely Lovina beach, where one can watch gamboling schools of dolphins. From Ubud you can also take the route via the cool lake at Bedugul, where extensive Botanical Gardens border the lake, offering a rich variety of orchids, flowering cacti, and rare trees.
At Denpasar, take time to visit the Bali Museum that houses artifacts of Bali’s long history. Pass the Bali Hotel, where Charlie Chaplin stayed when he came to visit. From the capital Denpasar one reaches the village of Batubulan, a village specializing in Barong dance performances, and Celuk, which is the centre for gold and silverwork, then continue on to Mas, the village of Bali’s famous woodcarvers. And, if you are looking for souvenirs, make a stop at the Souvenir market at Sukowati.
Then continue on to Ubud, located in the mountains. Ubud is Bali’s centre of art, painting and painters. Ubud is also the location of Elizabeth Gilbert’s bestselling novel “Eat, Pray, Love”, the film starring Julia Roberts. Here is the excellent Fine Art Museum – Puri Lukisan-, housing works of master painters Walter Spies, Bonnet, and Han Snel, and visit the many Art Galleries here. Along the route, visit Goa Gajah – the beautifully carved “elephant” cave dedicated to the god Ganesha, then on to the temple at Pejeng to admire the “Moon of Pejeng”, Asia’s largest and finest prehistoric kettledrum.
For history buffs a visit to Gunung Kawi is a must. Here are Bali’s oldest rock-carved temples built by King Airlangga in the 11th Century. There are also caves where priests used to meditate. Since Gunung Kawi is located in a valley, it is a steep walk down from the main road.
The President’s out of town Palace is located at Tampaksiring, overlooking the holy springs of Tirta Empul. Then press on to Kintamani, to admire the panoramic view of Mt. Batur and Lake Batur.
• Bali's Hill Country: Jatiluwih and Bedugul
Experience Bali’s scenic Lake District at the mountain resort of Bedugul. Travel the island’s byways and watch the Balinese people going about their daily lives. Along the way from Denpasar, visit the Tanah Lot Sea Temple, which has become the distinguishing mark of Bali. The temple sits right atop an enormous rock that is completely surrounded by the waters of the Indian Ocean but can be reached at low tide. Then on to see the gorgeous Jatiluwih rice terraces that stretch from mountain sides to valleys as far as the eyes can see.
At Bedugul enjoy the peaceful setting of Lake Beratan from the Bedugul botanic gardens. Nearby are the gardens that produce vegetables and flowers for the hundreds of hotels on Bali. At the north end of Bedugul crater lies one of the world’s most beautiful golf courses, the Bali Handara Country Club, a masterpiece 19-hole course with lush green fairways and colorful flowers lining the fairways.
To explore Bali, visitors can take either a package tour from your hotel or any travel agency, hire motorbikes or rent a car, - chauffeur driven or self-drive, - to discover the many wonders that Bali offers.
Since most of the tours can be made within one day, you do not need to book another hotel unless you wish to stay overnight. Beautiful hotels are available in Ubud. There are also hotels at Kintamani and Lovina Beach in the north near Buleleng or at Amed Beach in the east of Bali.
There are many excellent restaurants in Ubud. There is a restaurant overlooking Mt. Batur at Kintamani and smaller restaurants at Lovina Beach and Amed Beach. When on tour better make sure you have snacks and drinks with you in the car.
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort
- Ubud Monkey Forest
- Amed Beach
- Bali Bird Park
- Bali Handara Golf and Country Club
- The Ritz Carlton Bali, Thallasso & Spa
- Mandara Spa Originating in Bali
- Four Seasons at Jimbaran Bay
- Golfing in Nirwana Bali Golf Club
- Lovina Beach
- Kuta Beach
- Mount & Lake Batur- Kintamani, Bali
- Eat, Pray, Love and Escape in Ubud
- Pura Besakih: the revered Mother Temple of Bali
- Nusa Dua
- Ulun Danu Beratan: iconic Temple on Lake Beratan in the Bedugul Highlands
- Tanah Lot: Bali’s iconic Rock Temples By the Sea
- The giant Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue and Cultural Park
- Dreamland: Surf’s up at Bali’s New Kuta Beach
- Sanur Beach: Watch the sun rise from below the horizon
- The Bali International Convention Center, Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center, and Nusa Dua Hotels
- West Bali National Park: Sanctuary of the Exotic White Bali Starling
- Menjangan Island
- The Serene Pemuteran Beach and its Phenomenal Underwater Temple
- Suluban Beach
- Pura Agung Pulaki and the enchanting temples of North Bali’s Pemuteran Coast
- Kedisan Village at the foot of Mt. Batur
- Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Ceningan and Nusa Penida : “Cleaning Stations” for the Giant Mola-Mola
- Pura Ulun Danu Batur
- The Secluded Balangan Beach and its Long Left-hander Surf Breaks
- Impressive Pura Kehen in Bangli, on the road to Kintamani
- Canggu Beach
- Taman Nusa
- The unique Setia Darma House of Masks and Puppets in Gianyar, Bali
Related ActivityMany of the world's most ancient wonders can be found in Indonesia. From sacred temples to palace ruins, from prehistoric remains to living traditions...
- The Subak: Bali’s Rice growing Cultural Landscape: a UNESCO World Heritage
- Nyepi: Bali’s New Year’s Day of Complete Silence
- The Jatiluwih Rice Fields: a UNESCO Cultural Landscape, from Bali for the World
- Live Earth Run for Water - Bali
- The Serenity of Ubud and Bedugul
- Visit Besakih Temple and East Bali
- The Temples of Mengwi and Uluwatu